*All patients that are scheduled for upper endoscopies (EGD, EUS, ERCP), upper motilities (EMS), and breath tests that are not FULLY VACCINATED* must have a negative COVID test.
*Fully Vaccinated* patients can be considered up to date on vaccination if they completed their primary vaccine series within the last 2 months OR they have had the new bivalent booster at any time (anyone boosted since September 1, 2022).
- For outpatient cases and procedures, any COVID test performed by a provider within 72 hours of the case is acceptable, including both laboratory/clinic-performed antigen testing and PCR testing.
- If ordering testing in the Emory system, results may take up to 48 hours to return, so please plan accordingly.
- We are not yet accepting home test results, given variable quality and test performance.
Test Result Management
- If a patient tests positive for COVID and the case or procedure is elective, in most cases it should be postponed for at least 14 days.
- Please bring test results or vaccination records with you.
These guidelines are updated periodically as conditions evolve. Depending on how far out you were scheduled, you may have received different instructions at time of scheduling. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility.