Finding the Right Care
Finding the right kind of mental health care can be difficult. Our adult psychiatry care team is ready to help. We treat and diagnose a wide range of mental health conditions and symptoms specific to adults that include, but are not limited to:
- Substance Use Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Difficulty Managing Emotions
- Personality Disorders
- Prolonged Grief
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
We provide skilled psychiatric consultations to determine which service(s) may be the best fit. Our approach includes:
- Diagnosis through a clinical evaluation to gather information
- Consultation/Second Opinion, an opportunity to review your diagnosis or treatment plan
- Medication Management is a way to collaboratively create a plan for medications that target your symptoms
- Individual Therapy, also known as talk therapy, provides the chance to work with a trained mental health professional to gain understanding and build skills around your issue or concern
- Group Therapy provides a supportive environment focused on learning new approaches to challenges many people have, such as stress management and difficulty sleeping
To minimize the possibility of transmitting the virus that causes Covid-19, our services currently are delivered primarily via telehealth. In-person appointments can be arranged in certain cases, which require masking of both the patient and the clinician throughout the visit.
Make an Appointment
Due to an increase in appointment requests, the Adult Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic at Emory Clinic is currently accepting a limited number of new patients at this time. If your medical problem is an emergency, please call 911 or visit your nearest emergency room.
If you would like to receive care through the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, please complete the Psychiatry Service Matcher. The Service Matcher questionnaire is designed to match you to the psychiatric service that is most appropriate for the care you are seeking and to provide real-time information about the current availability of our services. Alternatively, you may request an appointment by calling 404-778-5526 Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.