The goal of treatment is to aid you and your family in achieving and maintaining higher function and quality of life. The responsibilities and expectations listed are therefore designed to promote care and facilitate your independence.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Attend family conferences as scheduled
- Provide day and evening contact information
- Abide by visiting regulations:
- Visiting hours are 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily. (unless special arrangements are made ahead of time with the treatment team) Children under 12 are not permitted without prior approval
- No hazardous items brought to unit
- Have all packaged checked at the nursing station
- A family education meeting is held every Sunday at 3:30 p.m. You may attend this meeting and have visitation at the conclusion of this meeting.
- Cooperation with the evaluation process by being as honest as you can in providing information to the staff.
- Have trust in the treatment team.
- We will not ask you to do what you are physically incapable of.
- Our recommendations for discharge care and follow-up are based upon a thorough evaluation of your abilities and stressors.
- We will answer all questions that you have regarding your condition and treatment.
- You are encouraged to attend all group activities. Activities are designed with your goals in mind; they are based on the most up-do-date research about how to improve symptoms and optimize health.
- You are encouraged to share your ideas with the staff. We are here to help you create support systems that give you hope (friends, faith expression, Twelve Step Groups, for example).
If someone is not honoring these patient expectations or otherwise being unsafe, advise the staff immediately.
Confidentiality: You will be given a confidentiality code number at the time of your admission. This code should be given to specific others who know you are a patient in the hospital who will be contacting you on the phone or visiting you while you are here. This code will allow the staff to acknowledge that you are a patient here. Otherwise staff will not disclose that you are a patient here and will not honor the call.
If you do not wish people to know you are here, please inform the staff upon admission.
Please respect the privacy of other patients by not disclosing other patients’ treatment issues to family, friends, or visitors.