We are glad you have chosen Emory Healthcare Department of Neurosurgery for your healthcare needs. In order for your first visit to be as comprehensive and productive as possible, please follow the below steps:
- CALL OUR OFFICE: Call 404-778-5770 to schedule your new patient appointment.
- REGISTER WITH THE EMORY BLUE PATIENT PORTAL: When scheduling your appointment, please provide us with your email address. You will receive an invite via email to sign up for the Emory BLUE Patient portal. Patient portal is the best way to communicate with your care team, review lab and radiology results, review medication lists and summaries after your appointment, and request medication refills.
- SEND YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS: Fax your records to us at 404-778-3279 or email them to email@example.com. We must have records BEFORE your scheduled appointment date. Please send records pertaining to your diagnosis, from previous physicians such as a referring physician, a primary care physician, or any emergency rooms you might have visited recently. In your records, please include:
- Paper report that goes along with any scans/imaging you've recently completed.
- For Pain and Spine Patients: Include notes from previous physicians regarding conservative treatment tried, such as physical therapy, injections, etc.
- Any records/documents in languages other than English will need to be translated prior to sending them to our office.
- UPLOAD YOUR RADIOLOGY IMAGING: View the ECC Imaging Sharing Instructions page to upload your MRI, CT, or X-ray scans. Your scans must have been completed no more than 6 - 12 months prior to your appointment with us. We must have your imaging sent to us BEFORE your scheduled appointment date. If you are uncomfortable uploading your imaging, please bring the disc and paper report with you to your visit.
- COMPLETE YOUR PATIENT QUESTIONNAIRE:Complete your patient questionnaire, located in your New Patient Packet. Send your completed questionnaire to us via fax at 404-778-3279 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our goal is to provide you with the most comprehensive neurosurgical care, as soon as possible. In the event your new patient visit is scheduled further than 14 days out, our clinical team will contact you if/when a sooner appointment becomes available. We look forward to meeting you soon.