Some of the key benefits of primary care and having a primary care provider include:
- Preventive care and guidance on how to achieve a healthy lifestyle
- Annual health exams
- Management and treatment of chronic (long-lasting) diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, depression and heart disease
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute (sudden or short-term) common medical conditions, such as the cold, flu, infections, etc.
- Treatment of minor injuries, such as cuts, puncture wounds and sprained ankles
- Routine immunizations, including influenza, tetanus, pneumovax and others
- Referrals to medical specialists when a condition requires more targeted treatment
- Lab work and other tests
- Smoking Cessation Program
Over time, your primary care provider learns your health history and what is most important to you and your long-term wellness. This high-level oversight ensures all of the treatments, medications, therapies and recommendations are as effective as possible. With several locations throughout metro-Atlanta, we are here to help.