We know that recovering from a stroke is one of the greatest challenges a person will ever face. Studies show that where an individual chooses to go for their treatment and rehabilitation can make all the difference in how well and how quickly someone recovers.
The Emory Stroke Center is a certified Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, making the Emory Rehabilitation Hospital the premier choice for stroke patients in the state. As a specialized rehabilitation hospital, we are known and highly regarded for our medical expertise and compassionate care.
Our programs offer the following to help you or a loved one recover from a stroke:
- Expert Medical Management: Our medical team is experienced in treating all types of strokes, ranging from the mild to the most complex.
- A Dedicated Rehabilitation Team: Our patients work with a dedicated and comprehensive team of specialized and certified medical and rehabilitation staff, including doctors; nurses; physical, occupational, and respiratory therapists; speech-language pathologists; case managers; dieticians; neuro psychologists; and other healthcare professionals as needed.
- Physician-led Teams: Each medical team is led by a physiatrist — a doctor who specializes in physical medicine (treatment related to the nerves, muscles, bones and brain) and rehabilitation. Furthermore, the physiatrist visits each patient daily.
- Customized Treatment Plans: Our medical care and rehabilitation is tailored to each person’s specific needs and goals.
- Targeted Therapies: Our specialized programs help patients rebuild strengths and skills, including confidence and independence
Patients who have had a stroke can depend on us for the following:
- A Smooth Transition to Rehabilitation: Our staff works closely with patients, their families and the referring hospital to ensure a seamless transition to our rehabilitation hospital.
- A Caring Environment: Care is provided in a safe, supportive, and compassionate environment, one where our patients' needs always come first.
- Education and Training: To prepare patients and families for life ahead, we offer a range of instructional and support programs.
- Exceptional Results: Overall, based on national benchmarks, our patients have a greater chance of improving during their stay with us and are able to function at a higher level when they return home.