Attire: Please bring only necessary personal items. All items you bring with you and items brought to you will be searched by staff. We have a washer and dryer on the unit for your use. Shoes are required. Laces in your shoes or cords in athletic clothing may be removed during your stay for safety reasons.
- Casual, comfortable clothing and undergarments, for 3 days
- Sleeping attire/robe
- Warm items (jacket or sweater, as the unit is cool in temperature)
- Shoes, slippers
- Family photos (optional - no glass in frames)
- Personal hygiene products:
- Hairdryer is available on the unit.
- No alcohol-based or aerosol products
- A written list of important phone numbers (cell phones not allowed). We also recommend a pre-paid calling card for making long-distance phone calls.
Please do not bring:
- Weapons of any kind
- Drugs or alcohol
- Cell phones/PDAs/laptop computers
- Glass items
- Lighters or matches
- Wire clothes hangers
- Clothing that is revealing or promotes drug/alcohol use
Insurance Information: Please bring with you a copy of your insurance card, or method of payment for deposits if you are not using insurance.
Medications: You will need to bring a list of your medications, dosages, and when you take each medication. We have limited space to store medications brought from home. Medications prescribed during your stay here will be provided by the hospital pharmacy.
Valuables: We strongly discourage bringing valuables. You will not need money, credit cards, jewelry while you are here. We can lock up personal items for you in hospital security.
For more information, please see Unit Safety.