Emory’s TravelWell Center is conveniently located in the heart of Atlanta, on the Emory University Hospital Midtown campus.
Schedule your appointment by calling 404-686-5885, Mon–Fri 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Pro Tip: When planning your trip abroad, we recommend scheduling a pre-travel consultation four to six weeks prior to departure.
- Before your appointment, visit our Global TravEpi Network page, select "Emory - Atlanta" and complete the online pre-travel consultation form. Enter all prescription and over-the-counter medications you currently take. Bring your confirmation number to your TravelWell appointment.
- Bring all available records of your previous vaccinations, including routine childhood and adult vaccinations and any previous travel vaccinations you received. These can include previously issued International Certificates of Vaccination (AKA the "yellow card"), records from your primary care physician, and student or occupational health records. In addition to travel vaccinations, it is important to be up to date on routine vaccinations when traveling, so old vaccination records are very helpful to make sure you are up to date. Also, it's useful to know if you have had any history of chickenpox (or shingles), measles, or mumps illnesses. If you were born in 1957 or later and never had the measles infection, it is particularly important to make sure you have had two doses of measles containing vaccines (e.g. MMR) since measles is reemerging in many parts of the world.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible – we will reschedule patients arriving more than 20 minutes late.
Please Note: As with other travel clinics, we are self-pay. We will assist you by providing you with the necessary paperwork, but filing a claim with your insurance provider is the patient's reasonability. Please consult the details of your health plan to determine which vaccinations and services might be covered.