We are pleased to offer diabetes education classes to help you and your family learn more about managing your diabetes from a Certified Diabetes Educator. You can meet individually with an educator to discuss your personal situation and then complete three two-hour group sessions. All education is provided virtually.
Topics covered in class include:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin and oral medication administration skills
- Nutrition counseling and meal planning
- Continuous glucose monitoring (as ordered by your doctor)
- Insulin pump training
- How to manage on days when you aren’t feeling well
- How to recognize signs of high or low blood sugar and what to do about each
- How to safely care for your feet
A physician referral is required to participate and most insurance plans are accepted.
Take control of your diabetes… knowledge is power!