Our mission is to provide compassionate care, and volunteers help us fulfill the Mission of the Sisters of Mercy and Emory Healthcare. Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital family values the time you give and the service you provide our patients and those who care for them.
Adult volunteers (18 and older) are asked to commit to four hours of service per week for one year or 100 hours. Please note that we do not have internships, shadowing, or court-ordered community service opportunities.
For more information, please call 678-843-7292.
Summer VolunTEEN Program
2023 Summer VolunTEEN Program
This summer’s program will allow teens to have real-world experience in the hospital. Teens will volunteer one shift a week from 9:30 am – 2 pm in a department in the hospital. They will volunteer in the same department each week. This is a volunteer opportunity, not shadowing or an internship. Teens will be working alongside healthcare workers to support and learn about their roles inside a hospital. The volunteer work includes tasks such as helping with inventory, organizing clinical supplies, delivering meal trays, responding to patient requests, transporting patients, reports, filing, etc. The program will run from Monday, June 5 until Friday, July 28.
Summer 2023 VolunTEEN Program Requirements:
- High School Student 16-18 years old on June 1, 2023
- Participate in a virtual interview
- Letter of Reference (from someone other than a relative)
- COVID, MMR and Chickenpox vaccinations
- Attend mandatory orientation on Friday, June 2nd from 9 am - 3 pm
- Volunteer a minimum of six out of the eight weeks of the program and complete 32 volunteer hours
- Purchase a uniform for $30, wear a mask, and follow all other ESJH dress codes and safety protocols
- Have a T-SPOT test for tuberculosis (after interview and acceptance in the program)
If you would like to apply for the VolunTEEN program, click here: 2023 VolunTEEN Application.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
There are a limited number of applications accepted. All application information must be received by Thursday, March 23rd at 4 pm.