The following are considered when ranking applicants:
- Academic ability
- Written communication skills
- Experience (work and volunteer related to the field and/or experience that has contributed to the applicant’s personal growth and has involved a fair degree of responsibility or decision-making)
- Sense of direction/commitment to a career in the field of nutrition and dietetics
- Leadership ability
- Interpersonal skills
- Recommendations (as included in the application)
- GRE scores are not required - those with GRE scores are welcome to include them if desired
- Virtual interviews will be scheduled in March 2024. Persons invited to interview will be notified in March 2024. Being selected or not selected to interview does not guarantee a candidate will or will not be ranked and does not guarantee the ranking order.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Persons matched through the application process must provide the following prior to being formally admitted to the program:
- $830 deposit – due when accepting the match
- Verification statement from an ACEND-accredited DPD program
- Official final transcript from a bachelor's degree program
- Proof of a graduate degree or verification that 80% of graduate course work is completed and the graduate degree will be completed within 57 weeks of the start of the internship program.
- Negative drug screen results
- Successful background check results
- Proof of all required immunizations
- Documentation of Hepatitis B series (3 doses) and a Hepatitis B titer
- Documentation of MMR series (2 doses) or Rubeola, Rubella, Mumps titers
- Documentation of VZV series (2 doses) or VZV titer (chicken pox)
- TB status documentation
- Influenza vaccine is provided by Emory Healthcare in the fall.
- Final internship fee payment in the amount of $7470 - due by August 14, 2024
The program complies with EEOC law regarding discrimination against protected classes of individuals or any individual.