Nurse Residency Program
Where Your Hard Work Pays Off
Our year-long residency program offers exceptional opportunities to learn, grown, and advance your career alongside some of the industry's most respected professionals, bridging the gap between the classroom and real-life nursing practice. Here, we recognize, celebrate, and honor the hard work and commitment you've made to your education, and we're dedicated to supporting you as you transition into a leader in the field.
The Nurse Residency Program is open to newly licensed registered nurses with no previous experience as a registered nurse. We offer exciting nurse residencies at nine different hospitals, and numerous ambulatory care sites, with a wide range of specialties available.
Why Choose the Nurse Residency Program at Emory?
Emory Healthcare is a nationally recognized pioneer and leader in healthcare. Our physicians, providers, nurses, and staff collaborate, innovate and problem-solve every day to help our patients feel healthy and well.
As an academic institution, we push the boundaries of medicine and imagine new ways to diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases that affect our patients and individuals around the world.
We know this commitment to our patients calls for a commitment to our caregivers. That's why we're dedicated to supporting you at every step of your career.
An Accredited Program to Guide Your Career
The employee-based nurse residency program at Emory Healthcare is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Our twelve-month curriculum has been designed to help you:
- Transition from advanced beginner to competent professional nurse in the clinical environment
- Develop effective clinical decision-making skills and clinical judgment
- Demonstrate clinical nursing leadership skills at the point of care
- Identify career goals and develop a professional development plan to help you reach those goals
- Develop the skills to incorporate research-based evidence into practice
ccne accredited logo
Nurses participate in monthly four-hour learning sessions that focus on:
- Professional role
- Quality and patient safety
Set the Direction for the Rest of Your Career
As one of the most extensive health care systems in Georgia and the only health network in the state that brings together a full range of hospitals, clinics, and local practices, we are committed to providing patients and families with better, more collaborative care for all their medical needs. Three of our hospitals are Magnet-designated, and we're home to the only National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated cancer center in Georgia.
Choose From One of Our Locations
Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
Emory University Hospital
Emory University Hospital Midtown
Emory University Orthopaedics and Spine Hospital
Emory Rehabilitation Hospital
Emory Johns Creek Hospital
Emory Decatur Hospital
Emory Hillandale Hospital
Emory Long-Term Acute Care
Take the First Step
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Have no prior experience as a registered nurse
- Complete online application
- Have American Heart Association BLS certification
- Pass the NCLEX-RN exam two weeks prior to start date
- Be tobacco-free