Emory University Hospital Midtown (EUHM)’s post-graduate year one (PGY-1) pharmacy residency with specialty pharmacy focus is a 12-month, multi-site program. It builds upon your Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and allows you to develop as a generalist clinical pharmacist responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions. In addition, this program emphasizes the navigation and management of the specialty medication approval process, patient education and specialty pharmacy operations.
At the completion of the residency, you will be eligible for board certification and postgraduate year two (PGY-2) pharmacy residency training.
During the PGY-1 specialty pharmacy residency program at EUHM, residents will:
- Function effectively as the pharmacist on interdisciplinary health care teams
- Utilize practice management skills to promote rational and safe use of medications
- Identify, prevent and resolve medication-related problems
- Master personal development skills for life-long learning and professional growth
- Gain skills in, as well as contribute to, teaching and research
- Perform the major functions of a specialty pharmacist, including facilitating optimal outcomes.