Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital is Atlanta's first faith-based and longest-serving hospital. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy in 1880, the hospital serves as a specialty referral center for the Southeast. The 410-bed community hospital offers advanced services, including critical care, heart and vascular care, orthopaedics, urology, robot-assisted surgery and cancer care through our partnership with the Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University.
The Department of Pharmacy offers inpatient services, including:
- Anticoagulation management and patient education
- Automated dispensing systems
- Comprehensive unit dose distribution and IV admixture
- Decentralized pharmaceutical care
- Investigational drug services
- Nutrition support services
- Pharmacokinetic monitoring
Pharmacists serve on the Code Response Team and participate in critical care patient rounds.