- Page Types have been created using Sitecore's Page Branches feature which lets us define pre-configured pages for Content Authors.
- These page types can be used as a template to create pages, and are available in the insert options list on the website.
- When a page is created using these templates then it will already have the Page Design set, predefined components added and their data source items created locally.
- Two Column Page with Side Navigation creates a page where the main area is divided in Two Columns and components have been added in these columns.
- This page branch is based on Two Column Page template which inherits the Page template which has all the custom metadata fields.
- Containers have been used to divide the page into two columns.
- The container on left has Content - Paint Bucket Setting applied and Component Layout - Laptops field value set to 8.
- The container on right has Component Layout - Laptops field value set to 4.
- Pre-defined Component details:
- Base Hero variant of EH Hero is applicable here; local data-source item name - Hero Banner.
- EH Breadcrumb has been added.
- Content Spot has been added in the left column; local data-source item names - Content Spot.
- Side Navigation component has been added on the right after EH Promo inside a container, Side Navigation variant is applicable here.
- Header Alert, Header and Footer are rendered using Generic Two Column page design.
- CAs have the ability to add new components and even remove/edit the pre-rendered ones on a specific page in EE.
- A screenshot of the page is shown HERE, the pre-rendered components are highlighted in the image.
Two Column with Side Navigation Page Type
Content Author Notes
1. In Content Editor (CE), right click in the Content Tree where you would like to place the page.
2. Once placed on the page, data sources for the components placed in the template will be populated. Note: Avoid renaming data sources.
3. Two Column Page with Side Navigation will have the following sections to edit on a page level
- Chat Bot Settings
- Content (Sitecore Search Title/Description)
- Custom Metadata
- Designing (Page Design)
- Navigation Settings
- Open Graph
- Page Meta Properties (Google)
- Search Criteria
- Sticky Notes
- Sitemap Settings
Two Column with Side Nav:
- The Two Column with Side Nav page type is editable and will be used by the CA for any generic page type.
- The Two Column with Side Nav page will inherit from the Base Page Template
- This page type will consist of the following components:
- The CA should have the flexibility to add additional components as needed for content.